Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Deleting .svn directories
On Monday 11 June 2012, Ciro Iriarte wrote:
Hi, I'm stuck with something that should be pretty simple, I'm trying
to delete .svn directories as part of the build process for a
package, "find" appears to find the directories but while trying to
delete them it gets "No such file or directory".

As this is reaaaaaally basic and is not working, is there any OBS
particularity that would cause this?.

Ref:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=x86_64&package
=kannel&project=home%3Aciriarte%3ASLES-missing&repository=SLE_11_SP2

IMO your command
find . -name .svn -exec rm -rf '{}' ';'
works a expected but after deleting a particular .svn directory find
still wants to enter it for further search and complains that this is
not possible. These are just warnings which you would usually always
expect if you delete directories while you have a find running on them.

Generally it's a good idea to use xargs instead of -exec:
find . -name ".svn" | xargs rm -rf

cu,
Rudi

Regards,