[opensuse-buildservice] source services and debian packages
  • From: Martin Koegler <martin.koegler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 23:03:39 +0200
I noticed two bugs/problems:

* The OBS Webpage compresses files an additional time:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/binary?arch=i586&filename=grandorgue_0.3.0.6.1023.diff.gz&package=grandorgue&project=home%3Ae9925248%3Agrandorgue&repository=Debian_6.0
The page offers to download the files:
https://api.opensuse.org/build/home:e9925248:grandorgue/Debian_6.0/i586/grandorgue/grandorgue_0.3.0.6.1023.diff.gz

The downloaded file is not the orginal file (content of
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/e9925248:/grandorgue/Debian_6.0/grandorgue_0.3.0.6.1023.diff.gz),
but
the file gziped a second time.

* debtransform produces incorrect diffs for empty files

The version installed on the OBS builders produces an incorrect patch for empty
files:
--- grandorgue-0.3.0.6.1023.orig/debian/dummy
+++ grandorgue-0.3.0.6.1023/debian/dummy

dpkg-source reports a syntax error
(https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&package=grandorgue&project=home%3Ae9925248%3Agrandorgue&repository=Debian_6.0)
dpkg-source: error: expected ^@@ at line 2 of diff
`/usr/src/packages/SOURCES.DEB/grandorgue_0.3.0.6.1023.diff.gz'

I'm exploring the possibilties of OBS.

The source services provide a simple way to build RPM packages out of a SCM.
I'm trying to do the same for DEB packages and managed to get at least
something built.

Using set_version and debtransform allowed me to build a source package, but
the version number is
strange for a Debian package, because set_version only insert the version
without a release number.

I didn't find any way to automatically adapt the version number of built binary
packages.
The debian build process takes the binary version number from the changelog. I
didn't find any
source service (similar to set_version) to adapt/generate a debian changelog.
Therefore it is
only possible to use a fixed version number (either in debian.changelog or in a
changelog file in one of the tars).

Regards,
Martin