Re: [opensuse-buildservice] debbuild for building LSB debian packages with RPM spec files on OBS?
On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 11:18:36AM -0500, Conan Kudo (?$B%K!<%k!&%4%s%Q) wrote:
I was wondering if the openSUSE Build Service supports using
debbuild[1] for building LSB-compliant Debian packages using LSB spec
files? I've personally used it quite a bit for building Debian
packages on my own system, but I'd like to use the OBS more for
building packages.

I don't think it's currently possible, because the build package
assumes the used packages are rpms if the build type is set
to "spec". We could add a way to make the binary package type
also configurable, then it might work.
The needed changes are probably just a couple of lines of code,
I'll do some tests next weeks.

Thanks for the debbuild pointer, I've never heard of it before.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg