Re: [opensuse-buildservice] first steps
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:19:58 -0400
On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 04/06/2012 14:09, Greg Freemyer a écrit :

With the tutorial.

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tutorial

if I get it correctly, I have to get a tgz file with the software and a spec
file. I guess the tgz is seen like a directory?

a way to make py2pack work with a local tgz?

I maintain only one python package: python-fuse

It has about as simple of a setup as can be:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=python-fuse&project=devel%3Alanguages%3Apython

So you can use it as a very simple base:

Just create your home project (done I see).

Add the *tgz file (also done)

create a specfile. I propose you just download a copy of the specfile
for python-fuse, rename it and edit the contents to reflect what you
need, then add it to your project.

Your tarball has an unusual name, so take a look at how the Source:
field is set in this specfile as a good, but simple example for you:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=dc3dd.spec&package=dc3dd&project=security&rev=3aeeabcbe67aae1ca4bb2540a1a91797

Then create a changes file. You can do that via the webui, or via "osc vc".

I like to do local test builds via osc build at that point and use osc
commit to submit my final specfile back to OBS.

Hope that helps.
Greg