Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 17 added, new build package required
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 08:21:49 +0200
From: Frank Lichtenheld [mailto:Frank.Lichtenheld@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:58 PM
To: Adrian Schröter; opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 17 added, new build package
required

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Schröter [mailto:adrian@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:26 PM
To: opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Frank Lichtenheld
Subject: Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 17 added, new build
package
required

Am Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2012, 16:21:07 schrieb Frank Lichtenheld:
I added this to my Home project (home:flichtenheld).
I had some issues with kmod which seems to be a module-init-tools
replacement (Obsoletes: module-init-tools):
* I needed to add "Prefer: kmod" since some of the programs
complained that they couldn't decide between kmod and module-init-
tools
(for dependency module-init-tools)
* But this then creates a file conflict since module-init-tools is
listed in "Support"

I would suggest adding the Prefer and replacing module-init-tools in
Support with kmod.

Can you test this in your prjconf first by adding

Prefer: kmod
Support: -module-init-tools

? The second line will remove the support state from Fedora:17 prjconf
again in your project.

Hmm, that doesn't seem to work, it still wants to install module-init-
tools. Any ideas why?

Seems the actual syntax is "Support: !module-init-tools" (reading the build
source code suggested that). Now it works with
Prefer: kmod
Support: kmod
Support: !module-init-tools

erm, right ...

Thanks a lot for testing this, it is changed in Fedora:17 project now.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH