[opensuse-buildservice] How do I resolve....
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 17:59:13 -0400
Hi,

I am working on some CloudStack/Xen related stuff that happens to depend on OCaml. I've already added a bunch of dependencies to Virtualization:Cloud:CloudStack:Testing but am geeting stuck with a problem that I do not know how to resolve, and help is much appreciated.

The current package I am trying to build is ocaml-ocamlnet (not submitted to OBS yet). The code has an option to build gtk2 bindings and I'd like to enable this. Enabling GTK2 requires lablgtk2 which I added as a BuildRequires to my spec file. I get the following error when I try to build for 12.1:

buildinfo is broken... it says:
unresolvable: nothing provides ocaml(runtime) = 3.12.0 needed by lablgtk2

The ocaml package in the project I am working on (Virtualization:Cloud:CloudStack:Testing) is linked to devel:languages:misc which is up to 3.12.1. When I look at https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=lablgtk2.spec&package=lablgtk2&project=openSUSE%3A12.1&rev=74c0704a0eaf6d064efe12d5424dbfaf, the spec file for lablgtk2 there is no explicit version requirement for ocaml, i.e. a Requires: ocaml = X.Y.Z, yet the package obviously requires this.

I would prefer not build a different ocaml version than we have in the project. Obviously there is something going on that I do not understand.

Thanks for any help,
Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx