RE: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 17 added, new build package required
  • From: Frank Lichtenheld <Frank.Lichtenheld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 19:13:49 +0000
From: Adrian Schröter [mailto:adrian@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:59 PM
To: opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora 17 added, new build package
required

Fedora:17 project is added and can be used.

However, for local builds you need to update the
build package or some workarounds will not apply.
(Doing the /bin > /usr/bin move only half way is a really
bad idea, Fedora).

You need build-2012.05.30 or later, for example from openSUSE:Tools
project.

In addition to the kmod/module-init-tools problem I also have the problem that
/usr/bin/gcc is not available in the build chroot, you can see this in my home
project in e.g. deb.
I've tracked this down to setupccache in build. It does
rm -f "$BUILD_ROOT$builduserhome"/bin/{gcc,g++,cc,c++}
But $builduserhome is never set (grepping through the source this is the only
place where it is ever mentioned). So really this does
rm -f "$BUILD_ROOT"/bin/{gcc,g++,cc,c++}
This was never a problem, since gcc is at /usr/bin. But in Fedora 17 /bin/gcc
is the same as /usr/bin/gcc so gcc is removed!
That line probably should be just removed.

Gruesse,
Frank