Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Fedora, Mandriva and debuginfo packages
  • From: Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 12:52:05 -0400
On May 27, 2012, at 12:35, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi list.

I've been having some issues for a while with Mandriva and debuginfo
package generation. I've worked around the issue disabling debuginfo
generation on them, but now Fedora jhas just started acting up in the
same way:

+ exec rpmbuild -ba --define '_srcdefattr (-,root,root)' --nosignature
--define 'disturl
obs://build.opensuse.org/home:klaussfreire/Fedora_15/0065a286c8acac1027010036efc5478a-vegastrike'
--eval %suse_insert_debug_package
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/SOURCES/vegastrike.spec
error: Package already exists: %package debuginfo

I wonder if there's a way to fix it without disabling debuginfo -
debuginfo is a great tool for debugging when someone reports a bug, so
I'd prefer not to disabe it everywhere.

They generate debuginfo anyway IIRC. Build it without the flag;
debuginfo still gets added in due to macros.