Re: [opensuse-buildservice] regression in API request handling by commit 6fd139a1dbc2dfff9cbce7f6555c4c63e11f6a65
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 08:29:31 +0200
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Your -f test.xml data is transferred as FORM data and as such it's split at []
This happens in rails - Adrian's funtion is then validating that paramters are
pure strings and they are not - but in this case there shouldn't be any
parameters
beside cmd=create

Argh! When I was debugging this issue yesterday I completely missed
that osc encodes the data in a different way when sending with "osc
api -X POST /request?cmd=create -f test.xml" compared to "osc api -X
POST /request?cmd=create -d 'some string'". Now after overwriting the
standard encoding in osc with "-a Content-Type
application/octet-stream" everything is perfectly fine.

Thus a lot of thanks for waking up my brain! ;)

Robert