Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build.opensuse.org downtime
Hello,

On Thu, 24 May 2012, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 24.05.2012 15:19, David Haller wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2012, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 24.05.2012 06:28, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am 23.05.2012 11:46, schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Due to ongoing problems with our binary storage server
we will not enable server side builds for today.

We're still not there ;(

From the numbers I have it looks like it will become late afternoon
before we're up again.

14:45 - and we restarted the services on our old file system. 1500 high
prio events are a lot though and the schedulers rescan all repos, so
don't expect full working speed anytime soon - but at least there is hope :)

Knowing it's grinding on is good though!
^^^^

I got a package[1] where x86_64 builds are stuck in "finished" state
for >24hrs, the i586 builds got published "normal" ...

Hmm, perhaps you didn't read the original mail in this thread: we were down

I did. I knew. Above underlined refers to that recovery process. I
guess you don't know me enough yet. Ask pth for a primer ;-P

I just wanted to point out the fact that a) that package built on
both(!) i586 _and_ x86_64 rather "normal", but b) only the i586
"succeeded" and got published and the x86_64 stuff is stuck in
"finished"... And the factory x86_64 is blocked (because of that, I
assume). There seems to be a backlog for the x86_64 packages. That
means, if someone could "kick" the x86_64 side and/or temporarily
shift some i586 resources over (signing, publishing, whatever's
between "finished" and stuff in the repo) ... No idea if that's
feasible, though.

Just my 2¢, I can wait, I have a _lot_ of patience and I'm off to bed
now-ish anyway ;) But if there is a real backlog (in the signing,
publishing) of x86_64 stuff and the i586 stuff is twiddling it's
virtual thumbs, someone might/should have a closer look ... eh?

-dnh

PS: ich vermisse eine Kaffeekasse für euch Jungs (ein Mädel hab ich
noch nicht gesehen ;) Naja, ich könnte mir da evtl. sogar noch
behelfen (via Gefallen einfordern *hrhrhr*)

PPS: wäre ich normaler, könnte ich dir jetzt evtl. nen Lebkuchen
aus meinem "Sommer-Vorrat" rüberwerfen/-bringen ... Naja, laß mich
zumindest virtuell einen rüberrollen! F'up2poster.

--
VALA: I'm gonna go crazy, and I'm taking you with me.
-- Stargate SG-1 10x20 - Unending