Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS2.3 arm cross-build missing "copying qemu" step
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 07:04:32 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 22:55:07 schrieb Rick Liu:

Am Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 21:41:08 schrieb Rick Liu:
Hi,

I just did OBS upgrade on my private installation from OBS2.1 to
OBS2.3.
Back in OBS2.1,
I could successfully build armv7el on x86_64 hosts.
After upgrade to OBS2.1,
all cross builds become failure with messages:

you could install an older build package, but it is actually
recommended
that you install your qemu package in Preinstall section instead.

[Rick Liu]
I just found out that
if I modify "/usr/lib/obs/server/build/build" file
and enable USE_SYSTEM_QEMU (USE_SYSTEM_QEMU="--use-system-qemu"),
I can add back "copying qemu" step.

Is there a config file I can set (instead of hacking build script directly)?

No, there is not such a thing in bs_worker yet. We could add it though.
But it is really highly recommended that you change your setup
instead, because of the other problems.

Is there any bad consequence of modify this line in
"/usr/lib/obs/server/build/build" file?

No, except that the old problems are back:
* You can only have a single qemu version for your entire OBS instance.
* You need to update all your workers manually.
* All people doing local builds need to follow this special qemu
* You will never be able to have a stable and maintainable branch

Seriously, this should never ever been used on any production system. It
was a gross hack.

If you say you need it in any case, I will add an option to BSConfig.pm
for the workers, because we became incompatible. But IMHO you should
really change your setup instead.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH