Re: [opensuse-buildservice] working past "excluded" status when trying to build a package.
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 14:53:57 +0800
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM, .. ink .. <mhogomchungu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone, first time here so my advance apologies if i am breaking
any rules i am currently not aware of in posting to the list.

I have a project named zuluCrypt at
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Amhogomchungu
and i cant seem to get it to build.

The repository i have selected have "excluded" mark to them and its
been weeks now i have tried to work past them to no avail.I must be
doing something wrong but i cant seem to see what is it.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

you can't use *.spec to build for a deb OS.

without the five essential elements(debian.changelog, debian.control,
debian.rules, *.dsc, tar.gz, ), the build process will not even be
triggered.

that's why it's called "excluded".

because *.spec and tar.gz can only build for RPM based OS like
openSUSE 12.1 or Fedora...

I know less about building deb packages. you may have to take a look
at Debian packaging chapters on Debian wiki. or here:

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Debian_builds

our wiki is not full documented. to me, it's just an OBS deb
introduction, if you know nothing about deb packaging before, you'll
get nothing from it.

you can use openSUSE to package deb locally, then upload them onto OBS.

we have fakeroot.

dpkg, dpkg-dev, debhelper, devscripts are all in a standalone package
name deb.(I branched it and plan to add dh_make and dh_autoreconf to
it.)

hope it helps.

marguerite