Re: [opensuse-buildservice] configure logrotate - best practice
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 03:40:42PM +0200, Isaac Hailperin wrote:

On 05/16/2012 12:23 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 12:14:37PM +0200, Isaac Hailperin wrote:
Hi,

I am building a package that needs to configure logrotate. Now two
possiblities come to my mind:

a) Put /etc/logrotate.d/mypackage in the rpm and install it just like
any other file from the package
b) Create /etc/logrotate.d/mypackage with a postinstall script

I was wondering which way is the "best" or most common way to do things
like this for rpms. But also in the light of the build service, where I
want to create rpms and debs alike.
Install it as a %config marked file.

Do not use %post for this.
And if I would like to edit the logroatet config of some other package?
I would use sed to edit it in a postinstall script. Is that the way to it?

Why would you want to do that? I cannot think of a good example right away.

But probably it is the way to do it, although it is bad to touch other packages
files.

Ciao, Marcus