Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] To %make_install or to %makeinstall (spec-cleaner)
On 15 May 2012 12:50, Joop Boonen <joop.boonen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, May 15, 2012 7:02 am, Pascal Bleser wrote:
On 2012-05-15 01:42:36 (+0200), Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@xxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
Spec cleaner was written to support only the latest
distributions.

The I can only recommend and ask that nobody uses spec cleaner.
There are packagers who care about also building for older
versions of openSUSE/Evergreen, for SLE, and even older RHEL.

It's sad to break package builds just because of spec file
syntax (if the deps are too old or not available, etc..., fine,
but not because of a spec syntax gimmick, cmon.)

I agree, so why not a spec cleaner that does all the nice things of the
current spec cleaner.
Puts the BuildRequires and Requires each in one line and in an
alphabetical order.
The replaces /usr/lib(64) by %{_libdir} etc

And it replaces %makeinstall %make_install etc by a universal %__make
install DESTDIR='%{buildroot}' ?

Because we may want to redefine %make_install in the future.

All supported version of openSUSE (and the latest two unsupported
ones...) support %make_install. And if needed we can make the OBS
builds support %make_install in the distributions that originally
didn't support it. There is
really no point in touching spec-cleaner.