RE: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] To %make_install or to %makeinstall (spec-cleaner)
  • From: Frank Lichtenheld <Frank.Lichtenheld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 17:09:31 +0100
From: Joop Boonen [mailto:joop.boonen@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 5:53 PM
To: Pavol Rusnak
Cc: opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx; opensuse-packaging@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] To
%make_install or to %makeinstall (spec-cleaner)

On Mon, May 14, 2012 5:28 pm, Pavol Rusnak wrote:
On 14/05/12 17:07, Joop Boonen wrote:
I wonder if this should be fixed, in either spec-cleaner
(use%makeinstall
in stead of %make_install) or in the buildserver (add macro
%make_install
for SLE)?

Spec cleaner was written to support only the latest distributions.

I like spec cleaner a lot and I think it really helps cleaning up a spec
file.

Might it be option to translate into %makeinstall instead of
%make_install?

Using %makeinstall in a spec file is a bad idea. While it makes it work on SLE,
it breaks it on Fedora where %makeinstall is still the old broken variant.
Defining %make_install on SLE might be the better option.

I currently just replace %make_install directly with its first-level expansion,
that seems to be only thing working across all OBS-supported Distros (but
obviously might cause problems in the future).

Gruesse,
Frank