Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Solution for compiling kernel modules for openSUSE:Tumbleweed (and Kernel:stable)
  • From: Nico Kruber <lists.nico.k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 12:53:26 +0200
On Saturday 12 May 2012 11:42:26 Marguerite Su wrote:
On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 1:59 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 11.05.2012 19:25, schrieb Paolo Pantò:
If I'm right, then a global solution would make sense, to allow also
other
projects to build proper kernel modules.

Yes, the kernel package needs to drop that i686 stuff on %suse_version <
1220 - opensuse-kernel should be your target mailing list IMO.

Greetings, Stephan

I think he might be just want to tell us the way to workaround.

I'd support that and thank you Paolo, for posting this.
This has been bugging me for a while now and finally I can build i586 kmp
modules again - my netbook thanks you a lot :)

Regards,
Nico