[opensuse-buildservice] Avoiding the rpm signing warnings for Fedora
  • From: Frank Lichtenheld <Frank.Lichtenheld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 21:29:25 +0100
Hi.

All builds against Fedora_16 on OBS currently throw a lot of warnings during
chroot setup due to missing key for checking the package signatures. This does
not seem to cause any problems but it irritated me (since it makes this part of
the log very hard to read) and so I did investigate how this happens. The
problem is as follows:

- "build" usually uses --nosignature
- But it wants to do so only for rpm v4, not v3 (probably v3 didn't have the
option?)
- It checks the rpm version not by checking the rpm version but by checking for
the existence of the program "rpmsign" in the chroot
- In Fedora (at least 15 and 16, i.e. the OBS-supported versions) the program
"rpmsign" is not in the "rpm" rpm, but in the "rpm-sign" rpm
- The "rpm-sign" rpm is not installed by the current Fedora:16 project config

Possible solutions:
1) add "Preinstall: rpm-sign", "Required: rpm-sign" to Fedora:16 project config
(I tested it and it indeed does avoid the warnings)
2) just remove the check from "build", does anyone still use ancient rpm?
3) change the check to something that doesn't require the presence of the
rpmsign binary

1 is clearly the easy way out, but if you would prefer 2 or 3 I would be happy
to make a patch for build.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld
Lead Engineer

email:  frank.lichtenheld@xxxxxxxxxx
tel:   +49 721 25516-362
cell:  +49 174 1748211

SOPHOS  You're safer in our world

Unified | Web | Email | Endpoint | Mobile | Network | Data