Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Translated descriptions of packages on software.opensuse.org
On 10.05.2012 10:28, Marguerite Su wrote:

Hi Marguerite,

so any difference between Factory and M17N in "description -l" policy?

or if packages.ru.gz is made in another way?

packages.* are made from package-translations, they look like this in SVN:
http://svn.opensuse.org/viewvc/opensuse-i18n/trunk/packages/zh_CN/po/

PS: YaST can't display CJK characters well, they're displayed as
random strings. it's been long. that's why we package our packages
simple and easy by using only English. (summary, description,
changelogs) so can I open a bug report for this? (because as to my
packaging knowledge, these descr are for YaST display only)

Changelogs we do not translate and even for summary and description we
have very few languages translated. But if yast is not displaying them
correctly, file a bug report - sure.

Greetings, Stephan