RE: [opensuse-buildservice] setting up an Ubuntu/Debian distribution project on a local OBS installation
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremiah Foster [mailto:jeremiah.foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 10:48 AM
To: Dominguez, Jared
Cc: opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse-buildservice] setting up an Ubuntu/Debian
distribution project on a local OBS installation

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 5:31 PM, <Jared_Dominguez@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Dienstag, 8. Mai 2012, 10:31:55 schrieb Jeremiah Foster:
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 6:11 PM,  <Jared_Dominguez@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Replies inline.

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM,  <Jared_Dominguez@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
How are the distribution projects for Ubuntu (like Ubuntu:10.04)
set

[snip]

This is the 64 thousand dollar question. :-) While we've done this
internally at our company, there is not a lot of documentation on
how
to do this in OBS. This is one of the great drawbacks of OBS -- it has
very little documentation.

Feel free to join the book work:

 http://doc.opensuse.org/products/draft/OBS/obs-best-
practices_draft/appendix.work_on_obs_book.html

I realize this wasn't in direct response to me, but I'll gladly contribute
to that
document any documentation I develop. And, once again, thank you for your
work on OBS. It's been really helpful to us at Dell.

If I were to guess Adrian's intentions I'd guess he did direct that to
you as well. :-)
I think the OBS team in general welcomes contribution, at least it
appears that way.

Oh, definitely. I don't doubt that the OBS development team would welcome
contributions from everyone. I just meant that that part of his response didn't
look to be directly at me, in particular since I didn't know how to do this and
was the one originally asking the question. Certainly, we would send upstream
any patches or documentation developed internally once we develop them. Also,
if you already have either, I'd be happy to help you with readying them for
inclusion upstream if priority and time are issues.

--Jared