Re: [opensuse-buildservice] setting up an Ubuntu/Debian distribution project on a local OBS installation
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Dienstag, 8. Mai 2012, 10:31:55 schrieb Jeremiah Foster:
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 6:11 PM,  <Jared_Dominguez@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Replies inline.

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM,  <Jared_Dominguez@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
How are the distribution projects for Ubuntu (like Ubuntu:10.04) set up
on
build.opensuse.org? Of course, I see the project and raw configs, but the
rest is unclear to me.

We just parse the Packages file and download all mentioned .deb files. All
of them got put into the :full directory and the scheduler rescan the
repository (can be triggered with obs_admin tool).

Hmm, that sounds efficient. :-)

This is the 64 thousand dollar question. :-) While we've done this
internally at our company, there is not a lot of documentation on how
to do this in OBS. This is one of the great drawbacks of OBS -- it has
very little documentation.

Feel free to join the book work:

 http://doc.opensuse.org/products/draft/OBS/obs-best-practices_draft/appendix.work_on_obs_book.html

Wow, I didn't know about this. Thanks Adrian, I'll add what I can.

[snip]

I just meant, "Can I just sync the packages in the distribution project
using a standard apt mirror sync tool or do I have to do something special
because it's an OBS distribution project?"

Using an apt mirror tool should be trivial to integrate. The deb repos
from OBS are becoming much more like the upstream Debian repo layouts
so it should be just a matter of rsync and not much more. Though
apt-ftparchiver or similar might give you more bang for your buck.

You may want to enhance the incomplete Download on Demand support to support
also debian.

Yes, this sounds interesting. What is the best way to contribute? To
pull from github and submit patches? Is this list the right list for
patches?

Regards,

Jeremiah