Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Uploading huge sources
  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 21:19:25 -0300
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Brian K. White <brian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am putting forward that in those less clear situations between, where the
upstream does not offer tar.xz, and something like .zip isn't involved that
makes it easy to point out why you should preserve the original in that
case, that it's a bad policy to tell people to repackage upstream sources.

I don't deny such policy exists right now, I'm saying I think it's a bad
one.

Trying to argue against .zip, I'm beginning to agree and think it probably is.

Size reductions are always marginal and don't warrant the repacking
IMHO. The final rpm/deb will be compressed with whatever the build
system prefers anyway, so this is only about source packages.