Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Publishing
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 11:03:23 +0200
On 02.05.2012 10:53, Robert Schiele wrote:
On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Part of it is caused by a first sync to a new storage with a new filesystem
which should improve our speed on the backend a lot.

Just out of curiosity: Which filesystem did you trade in for what? Did
you do specific benchmarks before?

As we use SLE11 SP2 there are only two valid choices: XFS and btrfs and
in our benchmarks (massive parallel read and write of small files with
sync in between) btrfs won hands down.

But we'll do some more tests before we switch (and you will notice if we
switch because we will need to be down for several hours to do the final
sync). One issue I'm already facing while syncing: btrfs has a
pretty strict limit on hard links between files in one directory - and
a :full tree can have quite some hard links. But that seems to be fixable.

Greetings, Stephan