Re: [opensuse-buildservice] link versus aggregate in light of current events
On 02.05.2012 09:27, Mathias Homann wrote:
Hi,

now that building has started again, how about the discussion about link vs.
aggregate starts again, too...

I'm looking at the status page, and I see that almost half of the page is
full
of kernels being built.

Why is that? Because people forked them.

As far as I can understand, there are two reasons for forking a package
instead of aggregating it:

1. you are making changes to it
2. you made changes to a different package that is used during build

Am I right with that?
I think so.

...and is there, by any chance, an automated process to change a _link into
an
_aggregate?

The question to me is: why would you aggregate a kernel?

Greetings, Stephan