[opensuse-buildservice] link versus aggregate in light of current events
  • From: Mathias Homann <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 09:27:47 +0200
Hi,

now that building has started again, how about the discussion about link vs.
aggregate starts again, too...

I'm looking at the status page, and I see that almost half of the page is full
of kernels being built.

Why is that? Because people forked them.

As far as I can understand, there are two reasons for forking a package
instead of aggregating it:

1. you are making changes to it
2. you made changes to a different package that is used during build

Am I right with that?

...and is there, by any chance, an automated process to change a _link into an
_aggregate?

bye,
MH