Re: [opensuse-buildservice] v8 for openSUSE:Factory:ARM fails while the openSUSE:Factory version is OK
On Thu, April 26, 2012 8:12 am, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 26. April 2012, 07:44:04 schrieb Joop Boonen:
Hi all,

I've just checked out why v8 fails for ARM.

If fails with the following rpmlint error:

<quote>
RPMLINT report:
===============
(none): E: badness 10000 exceeds threshold 1000, aborting.
libv8-3.armv7l: E: shlib-policy-name-error (Badness: 10000)
libv8preparser3
Your package contains a single shared library but is not named after its
SONAME.
</quote>

For the x86 factory build it doesn't, the packages are created without a
problem.
Might it mean that the rpmlint for ARM is different for ARM?

It shouldn't.

My guess would be that the naming of the lib is different on arm maybe?

Anyway, I would do a local build and look inside. And if rpmlint is the
reason,
one should be able to debug and fix it as well there.

Thanks.

I found the cause.
"%ifarch arm" should be "%ifarch %arm" in the spec file. Probably a typo.
Because of this libv8.so.3.10.2 wasn't build for %arm.

A submit request #115572 has been created.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH