Re: [opensuse-buildservice] failure at finalizing build dir in RHEL6
On 4/24/2012 4:26 PM, Michael Behrisch wrote:
Hi,
can anyone shed a light on this error, please?

now finalizing build dir...
Can't locate Archive/Tar.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /.build
/usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at
/.build/Build/Arch.pm line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /.build/Build/Arch.pm line 6.
Compilation failed in require at /.build/Build.pm line 29.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /.build/substitutedeps line 9.

The full log is here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rawlog?arch=i586&package=freexl&project=Application%3AGeo&repository=CentOS_6
All the other RHEL6 derivatives fail with the same error

If I branch the project to my home it builds just fine. I have no idea
what to do.

Thanks for your help,
Michael

Looks like rpm inside the build vm/chroot wants to use a perl module called Tar, probably to unpack the source package.

I don't know why it would want it, and not have it. It doesn't look like something that you are supposed to have to worry about, ie, not something you need to put in buildrequires.

I notice that it builds in many targets but only fails in these 3:

CentOS_6
RHEL_6
ScientificLinux_6

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=freexl&project=Application%3AGeo

They all obviously have something in common.

And if you go over to the repositories tab in the parent project Application:Geo
https://build.opensuse.org/project/repositories?project=Application%3AGeo

I see that those same three build targets (and only those) have alternate versions of themselves that are disabled, as if they were recently replaced or are in the process of being replaced soon.

I don't know what it means but it's more stuff to look at.

--
bkw