Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Is there a macro for the release?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 07:42:30 +0200
Am Montag, 23. April 2012, 17:23:54 schrieb Robert Schweikert:
Hi,

Dealing with a source tree that has distribution dependence backed right
into the build setup. It looks for /etc/*-release.

Is there a way for me to have a requires that install the appropriate
release package?

When I add:

%if %sles_version >= 11
BuildRequires: sles-release
%endif
%if 0%{?suse_version}
BuildRequires: openSUSE-release
%endif

It obviously fails as SLE also returns true for suse_version and then of
course the openSUSE-release package cannot be found.

What's the best way to deal with this?

Not using the -release package. Since this package depends on which product
you have installed. But your package is building for the code stream that
means it has to work for all products, also derivates and later forks.

I dunno why you need it, so I can not recommend how to work differently.

moin
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH