Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS server maintance?
  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 12:48:44 -0300
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM, 686f6c6d <686f6c6d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The machine still has some small issues but the kernel team is looking
into those.

It would still be very nice to be notified in case of such (planned or
unplanned) outages that
   a) there is an outage ("dear thousands of users, it is not your
fault, stop debugging, and..."),
   b) it is estimated to be resolved by <day> (<hour>).("...please
work on something else until...")

In my case (I was working with OBS when the outage happened), seeing
the "network unreachable", "503" and time outs gave me that exact
message without need for an announcement.

Still, after a little while one expects an announcement - because
sometimes the problems are local, and it's hard to tell.