Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 1.3 Privately signed certificate and osc
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:08:45 +0200

Given the fact that creating a selfsigned certificate is part of
README.SETUP, I strongly agree that this should be documented and/or
fixed.
AFAICT, the docs as they're now are only useful if you avoid SSL
altogether or have a trusted CA.

since osc and web browsers usually do store the initial CA it is still
usefull to detect attacks later.

I think an explenation how to create official CA's is too much for our
doku, but we could add a link how to proceed on that.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH