Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Problems with not existing dependencies for ubuntu which should exist
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Michael Behrisch
<behrisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OBS doesn't have universe. We've talked about adding a universe
project and maintaining select portions of ubuntu's universe for the
benefit of OBS, but it would have to be maintained by us. Thing is,
universe has some packages that openSUSE can't host because of legal
policies, so OBS can't have the full universe repo.

I would also favor some central place where some packages from
universe are maintained and would volunteer for maintaining some
packages (although I don't have much experience in debian packaging).
Maybe the package list of debian can be a guideline of what to add.

Maintaining them is usually mindnumbingly simple, since it's just
uploading ubuntu's dsc and tarballs.

I would also volunteer for it.