Re: [opensuse-buildservice] about the new web software search
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:33:39 -0400
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/13/2012 11:07 AM, Thomas Schmidt wrote:

<snip>

Hi Robert,
in my opinion a search for obs projects should be done in the obs webui
search and not in the enduser software search.
What exactly is your usecase? Listing all obs projects that provide a
package 'xy'?

I use the obs search a lot, but it needs improvements too. For any
package that is in lots of repos, obs search is confusing since it
does not have version numbers or devel project status info.

If those could be added to obs search, my use of search.opensuse.org
would be greatly reduced.

As it is now, search.opensuse.org is the best place to go if I want to
see what versions of a tool are available and in which repo they live.
I haven't tried the new interface enough to know if it works for that
purpose or not.

Greg

Greg