Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Software Search for 12.1 on the 11.4/Factory Download Page?
  • From: Martin Seidler <pistazienfresser@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 18:19:00 +0200
On 13.04.2012 16:39, Thomas Schmidt wrote:
On 11.04.2012 19:42, Martin Seidler wrote:
Hello all,

as here on this list the new software search is discussed
I would like to ask if
the search boxes on the download pages could set up as default to be
searching for packages for the according versions (and not all as
default
for 12.1).

Hi Martin, that sounds like a good idea.
I think we should also move the current distribution to the headline
with a small [change] link for example
to make it more obvious in which context the search happens.

What do you think about that?
[...]

You mean by "current distribution" the distribution that is be searched in/for by default in the box? So if you would change the default like I proposed:
there would be in the headline of the search box on
http://software.opensuse.org/developer/en
not only "Package Search"
but "Package Search in Factory (upcoming 12.2)", "Package Search in Factory", "Package Search in Developer Version (Factory)"
[EDIT: "...for..." would be better in my view it also includes the packages from the not-main repositories]

or something like it?
If you I would like that very much.

But I do not know if a (second) change link would be necessary.
In order to keep the layout simple (and not redundant) maybe ether:
- Move the whole distribution choice box on the top
(the radio button/choice box that is now shown behind "Show distribution:" after you click on the screw wrench)
- write something like "advanced options", "options", "modify", "change options" also on the link that is currently only 'described' by pictures of a screw wrench and of an enter button.

Regards
Martin

--
openSUSE profile: https://users.opensuse.org/show/pistazienfresser