Re: [opensuse-buildservice] inconsistent behavior on architecture, repository, and project deletion
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 04:19:34PM +0200, Robert Schiele wrote:
I observed the following behavior which seems inconsistent to me but
maybe there is a reason behind that that I currently don't see:

- When deleting all architecture from a repository, the corresponding
/srv/obs/build/$PRJ/$REPO/$ARCH directory is not wiped,
nor is /src/obs/repos/$PRJ/$REPO/*.

That's the "published" area, which is a mix-in of all architectures
for this repo.

I understand that but still when removing all architectures it should
publish an empty repository. This is not triggered though. If I
trigger repository publishing manually with the obs_admin tool it does
exactly that but a manual trigger is needed.

My guess for this case is that since I deleted all architectures in
the repository no scheduler feels responsible for triggering the
publishing.

- When deleting a repository from a project, the corresponding
directories are neither deleted in those places.

- When deleting the whole project, the corresponding directories _do_
get deleted (which is what I would have expected in all three cases).

Is there a reason that in the first two cases the directories don't
get removed or is this a bug?

The scheduler is supposed to delete the directories, please
consult the log to see what's going on. (Maybe it's just busy...)

Even if it is busy it should still do that after it has calmed down,
right? But I will investigate further...

Again the question: If I made sure that the scheduler has processed
its work queue, is it safe to delete the directories that refer to
non-existing architectures or repositories in the mentioned places or
do you see a problem with that?

Robert