Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS server maintance?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:14:59 +0200
Am Freitag, 13. April 2012, 17:40:20 schrieb Marguerite Su:
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Martin Seidler <pistazienfresser@xxxxxx>
wrote:

On 2012-04-13 01:30:54 +0800, Marguerite Su wrote:

then it is suggested to plan so next time or in the future.

very smart comment really. announcing some unplanned crash.

sorry, a mid-night replay makes me sound like a troll.

last night I thought adrian was saying "notification for
maintaintance" is not planned instead of the internal server error.

of course no one can control when it crash.

[...]
In my personal view it is pretty retractable that someone would like to be
informed when a system is crashed and so not to waste time and mental power
to search for a cause in other areas.
And anyone with basic knowledge in politics and skills in empathy should be
able to retrace that Marguerite will not feel very happy while she is
considering a cause like she has described.

Regards
Martin

--
openSUSE profile: https://users.opensuse.org/show/pistazienfresser
Martin Seidler

yep, it was true. it made me feel like developer said won't fix when
you submit a obvious, reasonable, user-friendly fix patch.

sorry, was not my intention.

no one can make crash manageable if you're acting good instead of
acting as a network cutter like national firewall in CN, IRAN and
North Korea.

but it's understandable even if adrian meant to say that. because SuSE
has been M&A too much, its internal network is so complicated that may
make adrian really feel crazy last night...(its China Office had been
out of network for nearly a month before...same internal server error.

No problem, I can understand excatly how frustrating it is. I was also
just waiting to get the storage fixed by others without being able to do
anything myself ;)

good morning
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH