[opensuse-buildservice] pullrpms utility
  • From: Archie Cobbs <archie.cobbs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:51:38 -0500
I wanted to share an idea and get people's feedback...

On several occasions I've wanted to build a private repository
containing all the RPMs - both standard and proprietary - needed to
build a complete system. The idea is that, for some target machine, we
start with a "master" RPM that (directly and indirectly) requires
every other RPM that the target machine needs. There may be a bunch of
these target machines and associated RPMs. The goal is then to build a
single RPM repository containing all of the (directly and indirectly)
required RPMs for all of these target machines. It should also be
possible to add to this repository over time. This single repository
is then used to build the target machines. E.g., it could be put on a
DVD, etc., so no network need be available.

To do this I wrote a simple utility that is a wrapper around zypper
and createrepo called "pullrpms" available here:
http://code.google.com/p/pullrpms/

I'm curious if other people have encountered this same problem, and
how they have addressed it, etc.

FWIW.

-Archie

--