[opensuse-buildservice] Upgrade to 2.99 (look like a 2.3) breaks the obs server
  • From: "Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC)" <dominig.arfoll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 19:26:02 +0200
Hello,

I went through the pain to upgrade my obs-server to version 2.99 which
looks very much like a 2.3.
While the upgrade is fairly painful it's worth the pain. UI is better
and apache is more reliable than httplight.

On an OBS Light server appliance (http://wiki.meego.com/OBS_Light) the
upgrade can be done by a simple zypper update which upgrade and let you
with a broken server.
I guess that the same issue could occurs to any OBS server installation.

I have written a small howto which could help you. while waiting for the
problem to be corrected.

http://wiki.meego.com/HowTo_upgrade_from_OBS_server_2.2_to_2.3

--
Dominig ar Foll