Re: [opensuse-buildservice] bugzilla or OBS for pushing patches upstream
  • From: Darin Perusich <darin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:01:01 -0400
Hi Lars,

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Asking back here is correct.  More help and inparticular more specifric
you might get as soon as you include the particular software component
you're working on.

I'm trying to get these patches applied against pam-config, they
extend it to support the ecryptfs pam modules bug 752851. Once
ecryptfs support is available in pam-config I'll create another SR
against ecryptfs-utils so it's calls "pam-config -a --ecryptfs" during
%post and "pam-config -d --ecryptfs" during %postun. This is dependent
on Bug 740110 which is currently under audit review for making
/sbin/mount.ecryptfs_private setuid.

Basically my end goal is to see the seamless integration of encryptfs
into OpenSUSE as it is in Debian and Ubuntu.

At this point would I be better served by branching the package in
OBS, applying my patches, and creating an SR or just wait for the
things to work there way through bugzilla?

Your move to raise the issue here I consider a the right approaoch in
general.

While I'd like to see this
pushed out to all supported distro releases I realize this may not be
an option, but with the 12.2 RC around the corner I'd be happy with it
making that release.

Getting this into 12.2 is welcom.  Getting a backported fix into
released products is welcom too.

I think these enhancements are non-intrusive so hopefully they'll make
it into all releases.

Thanks!
--
Later,