[opensuse-buildservice] bugzilla or OBS for pushing patches upstream
Hello All,

I'm curious to know if there's a preferred method for pushing
features/patches to packages upstream in the distribution. I created a
feature/bug request in bugzilla to which the response was basically
"patches are welcome". So I patched and tested this feature to the
app and posted the patches to the bugzilla ticket and nothing, no
response or followups. That's fine, i know people are busy and my
request may not be of much importance to others, but I do feel this
feature is valuable and it's availability will be a dependency on
another packaging modification request I plan on creating.

At this point would I be better served by branching the package in
OBS, applying my patches, and creating an SR or just wait for the
things to work there way through bugzilla? While I'd like to see this
pushed out to all supported distro releases I realize this may not be
an option, but with the 12.2 RC around the corner I'd be happy with it
making that release.

Thanks!
--
Later,