Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Getting old _service:*.spec file in a _link
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <reddwarf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:18:11 +0100
On 30 March 2012 10:51, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Dienstag, 27. März 2012, 14:21:32 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
On 27 March 2012 14:00, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Dienstag, 27. März 2012, 13:42:09 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
On 27 March 2012 13:27, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I would suggest that you switch to mode="trylocal" or mode="localonly"
for the format_spec_file service as we do in Factory.

So it's a known bug? I mean, the service seems to be running against
an old revision of the spec file... Whatever the config it looks
wrong.

It is not a bug, it did run when the _link file got changed the last time.
You have to manualy re-trigger it when you run services in _linked
packages and
change the link target below.

If I delete the package in home:RedDwarf:multimedia now and I recreate
the link there will not be any _service* file at all (I did it a few
times already).
Now I modify the _link file to add the "topadd" and the service
triggers, OK... but the _service file it generates is not based on the
*latest* .spec file in home:RedDwarf:multimedia/lightspark and neither
on the one from home:RedDwarf/lightspark.).

To make it clear, the revision 1 of
home:RedDwarf:multimedia/lightspark has no _service file at all and
the revision 2, commited *now*, has a _service file with a timestamp
from four days ago :-?

You have have project wide services configured in "home:RedWarf" and since
your package
is a source link to there they get executed as well.

Since lightspark doesn't really build without ffmpeg I just put it
directly in home:RedDwarf:multimedia, so it's not a problem anymore.

But I wasn't complaining about the services being executed. The
problem was that the output of the format_spec_file service contained
the string "CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH", and that string:
a) Wasn't in the spec file from the linked package (home:RedDwarf/lightspark)
b) Wasn't in the spec file from the linking package
(home:RedDwarf:multimedia/lightspark)
c) To the best of my knowledge is not added by the format_spec_file
service itself

The "CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH" WAS in old revision of
home:RedDwarf/lightspark. So it seems the format_spec_file service was
executed against the old spec file, from the old revision.
Deleting both home:RedDwarf/lightspark and
home:RedDwarf:multimedia/lightspark and recreating them didn't help.
The output of the format_spec_file service still contained the string
"CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH" even if now in wasn't contained in any revision of
the spec file from home:RedDwarf/lightspark since it was a completely
new package. Apparently somehow the old spec file survived the
deletion of the package and the format_spec_file was executed against
it again.