Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Reworking the enduser software search part III, Appstore
On Monday, March 26, 2012 15:34:37 Claudio Freire wrote:
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
that's a wrong impression. The current app browser shows only apps
included in openSUSE Factory.
It's based on:
http://download.opensuse.org/factory/repo/oss/suse/setup/descr/appdata
.xml.gz I share your opinion that the appstore should only show
supported stuff and so encourage
maintainers to submit their packages to the official Factory channel.

Hm... so it doesn't include games?

I'm asking because I'm packaging a game will really big data (the rpms
themselves are around 500M in total), and didn't plan to submit to
factory, only games, because there's no hope of it being part of the
official distro (it takes too much space on the dvds).

We have way more packages than those fitting on the DVD - the rest is
released as part of the ftp distribution.

Since a package in the ftp distribution is easier to find and install than
e.g. from the games repository, and it gets an extra promotion etc, I
suggest to consider adding it to the distribution.

Andreas