Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Reworking the software search, part II
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 15:27:27 +0800
On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:41:26 +0100, Thomas Schmidt wrote:

Hi,
thanks for your feedback regarding our mockups for the software search.
We implemented a working prototype which now also contains a search
form.

Please check the new search at:
http://software.opensuse.org/search/find and see an example app page
here:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/kopete

Please let me know what you think of the current state.

I'd like to see the options to download a package without installing it -
I wasn't able to find that in my quick test just now.

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson

Hi, how about writing a blog post on lizards.opensuse.org and publish
it on Phoronix?

I began a forum discussion here:

http://forums.opensuse.org/forums/english/other-forums/community-fun/general-chit-chat/473732-experimental-opensuse-app-store.html#post2450853

PS: I think we have some disadvantages about broadcasting our
brilliant ideas to the outside world. Some community fans even think
it's Ubuntu's contribution for plugging-in printers/mobiles then
automatically searching & installing their drivers, which actually
is our collaboration with Fedora people.