[opensuse-buildservice] Re: spec file is missing from OBS
On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:18:36 +0800
Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
Am Freitag, 23. März 2012, 19:38:59 schrieb Marguerite Su:
Hi, all,

Check out this branch:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=hotot-qt&project=home%3AMargueriteSu%3Abranches%3Ahome%3Acsslayer%3Ahotot-qt

As we can see, specfile is there, and is 12.2KB.(It's huge because
I plan to support Fedora)

And if you click onto it, it's empty.

It's interesting...I upload it two times, but it's still empty.

And the package is broken with notification "can not parse package
name from hotot.spec"

Never see that before. What can I do?

we had a look at it and it seems you uploaded twice a spec file
with only zero byte data content.

I dunno how this can happen, but it looks like you are doing that
via some scripts ?

The data on the server is valid at least, der md5sum tells that
exactly this file got uploaded.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH
email: adrian@xxxxxxx

Hi, Adrian,

the specfile is not empty.

-rw-r--r-- 1 marguerite users 12468 3月 19 16:39 hotot.spec

I uploaded it by web interface. the process was as smooth as
successful ones.

It's weird because codes inside the specfile can't make itself empty,
and it has size on server but no content.

I include hotot.spec as attachment (Lists may can't see) , and set you
maintianer of that branch(adrianSuSE, right?), you can try
uploading it yourself.

Hi
Did you upload from a non unix machine? For whatever reason it was
treating it as a binary file? Maybe the browser encoding?

Here is an sr for the 'text' version.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 3.0.13-0.27-default
up 1 day 3:00, 3 users, load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.05
CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU