RE: [opensuse-buildservice] /monitor page shows wrong info about workers
  • From: "Ed Bartosh" <ed.bartosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:35:36 +0200
Hi,

I found the same problem when I upgraded my local OBS instance from
2.0.5 to 2.3. The /monitor page would show that builds were running for
more than 32+ hrs, whereas, on the backend, no real jobs were running -
/srv/obs/jobs/<arch>/ was empty.

I later found out that in
/srv/www/obs/api/app/controllers/status_controller.rb, "workerstatus"
is written to cache without any expiry timeout.

To solve this, in my local instance I changed the following code:

I think your problem is as well the not running delayed job. It feeds
the cache, so it is not necessary for the webui to do it. Which can create
quite
some load if many people do it in parallel.

If monitor can possible show incorrect info without delayed job why it's not
running in default obs installation then?

Regards,
Ed