Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Python DEB project example?
  • From: Sascha Peilicke <saschpe@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:21:35 +0100
On 03/18/2012 07:21 PM, Xaver Wurzenberger wrote:
Hi list,

I've started packaging my python application using OBS and more or less
succeeded - especially building RPMs is quite well-documented in the opensuse
wiki (http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Python and such).
However, I've had various problems doing DEB builds as there's not too much
info on the Python+DEB combination. It worked in the end, but I'm very unsure
if the resulting package is really good.

My question is: Is there a good OBS project that I can take as an example for
python debian/ubuntu building?
openSUSE:Tools(:Unstable) contains 'osc', it's written in Python and has
DEB builds. So it could be worth looking at. Nonetheless, you should
submit your changes to devel:languages:python so that it becomes more
visible for others.
--
Viele Grüße,
Sascha Peilicke