Re: [opensuse-buildservice] copy/move package inclusive commit history
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:23:58 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 14. März 2012, 14:14:35 schrieb Sascha Peilicke:
On 03/14/2012 12:35 PM, Ruediger Meier wrote:
Hi,

is it possible to copy or move a package between projects without losing
commit history?
The short answer is 'no', but yes we want that and there should already
be a Fate request for that ;-)

Actually, it works for project wide copies. We have not added support for
package only copies.

But the api supports withhistory=1 argument for the project wide copy.

@adrian: something for 2.4?

This would be quite awesome. For example, renaming packages in a devel
project for openSUSE:Factory wouldn't need a delete and a submit request
to Factory anymore, one would be sufficient. /me dreams of a rename
requests ;-)

=> Fate ;)

I want to clean up the request controller anyway and make the actions own
modules,
so they can be used as commands and requests in the same way ...

SUSE Linux Products GmbH