Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Reworking the software search, part II
On 12.03.2012 20:38, "Stefan Brüns" wrote:

Am 03/12/12, schrieb Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,
thanks for your feedback regarding our mockups for the software search. We
implemented a
working prototype which now also contains a search form.

Please check the new search at:
http://software.opensuse.org/search/find
and see an example app page here:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/kopete

Please let me know what you think of the current state.

Hi Thomas,

really looks nice and is a vast improvement to the old search page. A few
comments:

1. How is the distribution determined which is chosen for the large "Direct
Install" button? Is there some possibility to select this, I would even be
willing to accept a Cookie for this ...

It's hardcoded to the latest release atm. We plan to have an advanced options
box for the search
where you can limit to a distribution (like the current search) and that value
could be
remembered and used on the app page as default download link.

2. Is it possible to expand the section for the currently chosen
distribution? Otherwise the fact there are several good choices for the
package might be overlooked.

We didn't open that section per default by intention, because for the chosen
distribution
most users will use the default download link we think.

3. CSS:
- the package description has: "white-space: pre-line" - intended?

Yes, the package descriptions in the rpms have some plaintext formatting.

- If a project has many repositories (e.g. KDE:Unstable:Playground),
formatting breaks, IMHO the repositories should be a single (multiline) block

4. Regarding projects with many repositories, the package download links can
not be differentiated easily (at least firefox elides the interesting part of
the link).

Could you please give me example urls for those issues?

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)
openSUSE Boosters Team