Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Reworking the software search, part II

Am 03/12/12, schrieb Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,
thanks for your feedback regarding our mockups for the software search. We
implemented a
working prototype which now also contains a search form.

Please check the new search at:
http://software.opensuse.org/search/find
and see an example app page here:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/kopete

Please let me know what you think of the current state.

Hi Thomas,

really looks nice and is a vast improvement to the old search page. A few
comments:

1. How is the distribution determined which is chosen for the large "Direct
Install" button? Is there some possibility to select this, I would even be
willing to accept a Cookie for this ...

2. Is it possible to expand the section for the currently chosen distribution?
Otherwise the fact there are several good choices for the package might be
overlooked.

3. CSS:
- the package description has: "white-space: pre-line" - intended?
- If a project has many repositories (e.g. KDE:Unstable:Playground),
formatting breaks, IMHO the repositories should be a single (multiline) block

4. Regarding projects with many repositories, the package download links can
not be differentiated easily (at least firefox elides the interesting part of
the link).

Otherwise, great work!

Regards, Stefan