Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Reworking the software search, part II
On 12.03.2012 17:56, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
On 03/12/2012 04:41 PM, Thomas Schmidt wrote:
Hi,
thanks for your feedback regarding our mockups for the software search.
We implemented a
working prototype which now also contains a search form.

Please check the new search at:
http://software.opensuse.org/search/find
and see an example app page here:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/kopete

Please let me know what you think of the current state.

Looks good and the idea with the screenshots is also nice. But why use
screenshots from other distro's . Maybe I am mistaken but for the
following example the screen shot comes from debian

<http://software.opensuse.org/package/darktable?search_term=darktable>

it shows the screen shot from

<http://screenshots.debian.net/screenshot/darktable>

Hi Togan,
at the moment all screenshots are coming from debian, we are using the
debshots[1] server at
http://screenshots.debian.net. For the future, we can check if it's worth
running our own debshots server,
or see if multi-distribution support gets added to debshots. We could also use
distromatch[2] to get the debian
package name, fetch the screenshot from screenshots.debian.net and cache it on
our side.
That also depends on the debshots maintainers, if they are upset about the
traffic we create.

Are there other ideas for handling the screenshots?

Greetings

[1] http://debshots.workaround.org/trac/
[2] http://www.enricozini.org/2011/debian/distromatch/

--