Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Reworking the software search, part II

Quoting Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,
thanks for your feedback regarding our mockups for the software search. We implemented a
working prototype which now also contains a search form.

Please check the new search at:
http://software.opensuse.org/search/find
and see an example app page here:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/kopete

Please let me know what you think of the current state.

Thomas,

Thanks for your work. It looks sweet and acts snappy... I very much like it.
One thing though which I saw is the 'listing' of libs for example:

http://software.opensuse.org/search/searchresult?q=gnome-shell

The list of 'sub packages' seems very sub-par in this case, as apparently you're just matching gnome-shell-* from the repo and this is considered subpackages. Might be better to match on the source package: all rpm's sharing the same source package are surely related.

Surprisingly though, this seems not to happen when searching for python, or php. But then, I see different behaviour when searching for those packages, as the 'search bar' automatically adds quotes around python or php, which does not happen for gnome-shell (different handling for specific packages?)

Best regards,
Dominique