[opensuse-buildservice] using build directly vs. post-build-checks
  • From: Frank Lichtenheld <Frank.Lichtenheld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:53:33 +0000
Hi.

When building with OBS, not only the BuildRequires seem to get installed in the
build chroot, but also the hardcoded Requires from the spec file. This is
necessary for at least the post-build-checks to work correctly.

When building with "build" directly (i.e. using build's internal expanddeps
script to resolve BuildRequires), the Requires do not seem to get installed and
so the post-build-checks fail. Would you consider that a bug? I.e. should the
default behavior be changed to install Requires, too? Or should a new command
line option be introduced to control the behavior?

I'm happy to provide a patch for either solution. Or am I missing something
completely and this should work already?

Gruesse,
Frank

--
Frank Lichtenheld frank.lichtenheld@xxxxxxxxxx | Lead Engineer
Astaro GmbH & Co. KG - a Sophos company | www.astaro.com | www.sophos.com

Astaro GmbH & Co. KG - a Sophos company, Commercial Register: Mannheim HRA
702710,
Headquarter Location: Karlsruhe, Represented by the General Partner Astaro
Verwaltungs GmbH
Commercial Register: Mannheim HRB 708248
Amalienbadstr. 41/ Bau 52 | 76227 Karlsruhe | Germany
Executive Board: Gert Hansen, Markus Hennig, Jan Hichert, G√ľnter Junk, Dr.
Frank Nellissen